Friday, April 18, 2008

Rappelz Online!

That's me on my mount to the left, so I can move around faster and a cute little pig thing with a flower tail on the right that just roams around. I didn't bring in any pictures of the monsters because I don't want to spoil too much ;)


I've played Rappelz for about a week now for many hours (don't tell anyone) and I've decided it's a really good game, great for being free. I barely noticed lag on the server I played on (which was a PvP, or Player vs Player server). My understanding is that it's a Korean game, so some of the in game text is a little incorrect-grammar wise.

All in all it's a great game though. The biggest exception to that in my opinion is variety of monsters... It seems that most of the monsters are just the same monsters repeated with different names and different stats. I haven't played many MMORPGS, but I'm pretty sure they at least make the similar monsters look different, not just give them different names. Just make the monsters head bigger ok!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

First! I agree with you about the monsters. I was rather disappointed that the only differences notable were color changes and skin textures. Even the names were not too original. They added a word like "berserk" before original name and it was somehow supposed to be different. Overall the game is graphically amazing, especially for a free MMORPG. Controls are also very fluid and easy to navigate as well as having a great GM team. I'd give it a 9/10.