Saturday, June 30, 2007

Affordable Cheap Hosting

So far my experience with my hosting company, Cirtex has been a little better than I expected. They guarantee 99.5% uptime, whereas most hosting companies guarantee 99.9% uptime. So, what's the dilly?

Basically, since switching from my old host provider which cost about 100$ more, my site's uptime hasn't been as steady, however, something important to note is that the speed of my web site's deliverance has increased noticeably. Previously, I would get internal server error's out the yin yang at no fault of my own (just opening up database managing software). That basically translates to downtime, because the pages were not viewable. My old host didn't agree with that, so you see where they are now.

So far, I'm relatively satisfied. Seriously, I can't complain with the prices I'm paying. Even if it turns out that I'm not satisfied, it'll be worth keeping the hosting for side-projects because it's so ridiculously cheap (as low as $2.00/month and up, though I got a higher plan).

Boiling point: Slower server that "over loads" but stays on line VS fast server that goes off line. Oh yeah one other thing, the Live help for my new host is very slow, but with a pinch of patience, the support ticket workers and online chatters are very effective.

Technorati Tags:

0 comments: